cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wswap2012
Level 2

Error like "The directory entry 'SomeDir' does not exist in the Directory table"

I want use InstallChangeFolder Dialog to change a Directory.
I read the following article and do as it says, but still i get the error "The directory entry 'TestDir' does not exist in the Directory table".

Q212623: HOWTO: Use InstallChangeFolder Style Dialogs to Allow Users to Set Other Properties

I searched this forum and found the guy 'DebbieL' had given an answer that might solve this problem. Some words in his answer like 'Maybe the Keep Unused Directories setting on the Build tab in the Releases view is set to No', i want to have a try, but and did not find the exactly position, this is no releases view on the build tab. Maybe i didn't understand the words clearly, please some guy tell me. Thank you very much.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

According to InstallShield 2009 Help (I don't have 2008), it is for "Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, Merge Module, Web" projects. If your project builds an MSI, run Full MSI Validation Suite on the MSI, and fix all ICE errors encountered.
0 Kudos
wswap2012
Level 2

TsungH wrote:
According to InstallShield 2009 Help (I don't have 2008), it is for "Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, Merge Module, Web" projects. If your project builds an MSI, run Full MSI Validation Suite on the MSI, and fix all ICE errors encountered.

I have solved this problem with some other methods, and thank you all the same.
0 Kudos