cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrimuSlo
Level 3

Error in user interface when doing update from ShellExecute

I'm developing minor upgrade installer for our software. The project is InstallScript MSI. When the installer is doing first-time installation there are no bugs in the user interface. When we are doing upgrade there is an error in copy files dialogue. The error can be seen in the attached picture:

We also found out that this error happens when we run installer from command line (as ShellExecute) in our software (as a part of automatic updater feature). When installer is ran outside of command line it works normally. Should i set any parameters in our software when calling from command line or is this normal?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

Perhaps you need to 'Run as administrator' ?
0 Kudos
PrimuSlo
Level 3

rguggisberg wrote:
Perhaps you need to 'Run as administrator' ?

Thanks for the response.

When I run the software with ShellExecute the UAC prompts which asks for admin rights. Also in InstallShield, I selected that installer needs the highest execution level.
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

PrimuSlo wrote:
Thanks for the response.

When I run the software with ShellExecute the UAC prompts which asks for admin rights. Also in InstallShield, I selected that installer needs the highest execution level.

Hi,

The attachment isn't clear,can you text the error code or issue you are facing.Does your issue get solved by running software as administrator?

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the response.

I while testing the issues i found out what is causing the text not refresing correctly. This error occurs when installer recognizes that sofware is running in the background that is preventing the installation. When user allows the installer to close the preventing software then this happens.

There are no error codes because installation works and installs correctly. It is only UI error.

Best regards,

0 Kudos