cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sairen
Level 7

Error code 1073741819 from ISCmdBld

I see this has come up before in previous versions and was fixed by various patches, but I hadn't seen anyone remarking on it for 2012 yet.

We just put the SAB 2012 on the build machine alongside of SAB 2011, which is still in use. When running the build with SAB 2012 for the first time, ISCmdBld returned an error to our ANT system, 1073741819. For what it's worth, it successfully built an MSI-based installer, and then flipped out on a MSM.

I checked the log file under the project, though, and the build did complete successfully. That of course is little consolation to our "stop at first error" build system! 🙂

Anyone seen this yet with 2012 or have any suggestions? What other useful information can I provide?

I'd really rather not go back to 2011 as I'm looking forward to some of the new functionality in 2012!

Thanks, all
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
Sairen
Level 7

If anyone else is facing this, you can reference my Incident Number so all of our cases can be connected - #SIOA-000187603

Best -
0 Kudos
jonathanqis
Level 6

Yes I get that error number back on a command line from a merge module we compile.
The compiler says 0 errors 0 warnings.
It contains only three files.

The return code goes to 0 when I reduce the .Net settings against all components for the '.Net scan at build'.
As long as they do not require 'Dependencies and properties' the error code is zero.

N.B. I am using professional 2012 Installshield.
0 Kudos
SOHansO
Level 3

We are having a similiar issue. We have just upgraded Installshield 2010 to 2012. We are building our installers through bat scripts. The bat scripts invoke IsCmdBld. The error level is set to -1073741819. Msms and msis are generated and seem to be correct. The InstallShield logs state 0 errors.
0 Kudos
anselmomarnach
Level 3

We too just moved to IS2012 (we're running premier, and have SAB installed alongside of IS2010 on about 50 build machines in our build farm). We call IsCmdBld from a NAnt script and it's returning -1073741819 - though the MSI build log shows no errors.
0 Kudos
Matronix
Level 6

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? We just upgraded from IS2011 to IS2012. We use IsCmdBld in our automated building process. We are getting the same error code returned and it is causes our TFSBuild to fail.
0 Kudos
Dugginator
Level 2

Matronix wrote:
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? We just upgraded from IS2011 to IS2012. We use IsCmdBld in our automated building process. We are getting the same error code returned and it is causes our TFSBuild to fail.

I was getting the same ERRORLEVEL on a couple of the installations that our build process manages until I did what jonathanqis mentioned here. As soon as I did that, my installs built with an ERRORLEVEL of 0.

D
0 Kudos
richardh
Level 5

Strangely enough, I've just been battling with this one.

One thing I did that has made the problem go away (for now, anyway) is to change the ".net scan at build" settings to be "Properties Only". Previously, some of my components were set to "Properties & Dependencies" and some of the dependencies could not be found at build time. This was not so much of a problem to cause the project to error on building, but it did appear to give me that odd return value from IsCmdBld.

HTH
0 Kudos
dbdemigod
Level 3

I got this error too, but I believe it is due to running my build against the 2011 project file; TFS reported an IS error, but the installer was produced and worked correct. The pertinent line in the install log was this:

ISDEV : warning -7235: InstallShield could not create the software identification tag because the Unique ID setting in the General Information view is empty.

The log indicated that the installer project was upgraded by SAB, and apparently it defaulted this setting (new to IS 2012) to True, but failed because the required supporting information (the Unique ID) was not present. I opened the project in IS 2012 and changed this setting to False, and the error was resolved.
0 Kudos
smyrin
Level 2

I upgraded from 2009 to 2012 and TFS Build was reporting the same error. I changed the .Net Scan setting as suggested and the build result returns 0 now.
0 Kudos
Sairen
Level 7

Hey, everyone. They've put out a hotfix for this issue

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q204455

Hope that helps you guys.
0 Kudos