cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_lopez
Level 2

Error : Failed to load ISWIBuild: -2147221164

Hi Guys,

I'm having this issue on our build server while using msbuild to build a VS2012 solution.

The solution builds fine in the VS2012 IDE and via msbuild on my PC (Win 7), and builds only in VS2012 on the Build machine (Win 2008 R2). It fails with "Failed to load ISWIBuild" error when using msbuild on the build machine.

The command line I'm using is:
msbuild /m SolutionName.sln /p:DeployOnBuild=Yes;PublishProfile=FileSystemDeploy;Configuration=Release;Platform="Any CPU";MvcBuildViews=False

The error is (path and solution names truncated for easy reading:
C:\...\SomeInstaller.isproj" (default target) (26) ->
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012SpringLimited\InstallShield.targets(96,3): error : Failed to load ISWIBuild: -2147221164
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012SpringLimited\InstallShield.targets(96,3): error : Exception Caught

I've checked the InstallShield.targets file and it has all the correct paths as far as I can see. ISWIBuild.dll exists in "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012SpringLE\System\". Everything is running as Administrator (UAC Turned off).

I've spent the last two days trying to figure this one out. Any help is appreciated before I lose all my hair!
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Are you able to build a simple visual studio solution that contains an InstallShield project on the Win 2008 R2 build machine using msbuild?

MSBuild.exe C:\Folder Containing My Visual Studio Solution\My Solution.sln /property:Configuration=Release

May be we can take a look at the eventviewer log from the build machine for further troubleshooting? It might have some information as to why the file is not being loaded.

Regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos