cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Error -9022 while converting an existing Visual Studio Installer

I have created a Visual Studio Installer web setup for a web service and when I try to import the setup by using the Visual Studio Deployment Project Import Wizard, I get this error:
ISEXP : error -9022: The folder type {80453C8E-1031-40EC-8E7A-9762B297303A} is invalid. The folder _1BF54980D1834E418FAA1BD57929F82A was not converted.

The resulting InstallShield setup will install the web service in a folder under the ProgramFilesFolder, and does this mean that InstallShield LE doesn't support installing to a virtual folder in IIS?

And if so, is is it true that InstallShield only provides a subset of the functionality that''s possible with Visual Studio Installer projects?

That seems strange, because according to the welcome e-mail I received from Richard Sterling: "InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2010 provides a subset of the world-class InstallShield functionality. It includes significant functionality not available in Visual Studio Installer."
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

InstallShield does not have support for converting Visual Studio Web Setup projects into InstallShield projects.

You may create a new website or a virtual Directory through the Internet Information Services View in InstallShield Limited Edition.

Kindly refer the help Topic “Internet Information Services View” in the InstallShield Limited Edition help document.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Hi,

Thank you. I've spent some time with the IIS functionality in InstallShield LE, and I wanted to try to recreate the functionality we have in our current web service setup projects. I'm particularly interested in creating the same functionality as in the "Select Installation Address" dialog in a VS setup. That is, I want our operations team to be able to select Web Site, Virtual directory and Application Pool during installation of our web services.

My first concern is the requirement of defining a web site as part of the setup, because it should be the operations team's responsibility to manage and configure the web sites on a server. As an example, the host header will vary depending on which server the setup is run on and if that server is a member of a NLB cluster.

According to the help file we need the Premier or Professional edition for the ability to create and select custom application pools, so I think I'll look into MSDeploy and the Web Farm Framework instead.

Thanks.
0 Kudos