cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanceRas
Level 7

Error -7141 in MSI/Setup.exe build

IS2010 project copied and converted for IS2011.

Only change made was changing compression to LZX.

I have 1 Product Config with 2 releases (1 with MSI 3.1 embedded and 1 without).

Error with both released:
"Unexpected error embedding file "C:\Program Files\Installshield\2011\support\themes\global theme\setup.gif" into the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\xxxxxx\xxxxxxxxxx\setup.exe"

The IS projects where the projects/builds are on a mapped drive to the same physical host (IS in a VM), in case that makes a difference. However, this behavior doesn't happen with the original project under IS2010 Pro
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Can you verify if "C:\Program Files\Installshield\2011\support\themes\global theme\setup.gif" is installed on your system?
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

hidenori wrote:
Can you verify if "C:\Program Files\Installshield\2011\support\themes\global theme\setup.gif" is installed on your system?

C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011\Support\Themes\Global Theme contains:

- banner.jpg
- banner_mirror.jpg
- preview.jpg
- setup.gif
- welcome.jpg
- welcome_mirror.jpg
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

I also tried (in case there was a corruption of the file), copying the setup.gif from IS2010 to IS2011 in that path. No difference.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you try to move the project to a non-mapped drive and see if the problem persists?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

At a loss as to what's going on.

Copied project to local drive in VM and built. Same issue. Tried changing theme. Same issue.

Created new test project on local drive with global theme. Same issue. Changed to different theme. It worked.

Retried prior tests, same issue.

Rebooted VM and rebuilt project on local drive. Works. Rebuilt on mapped drive. Failed.

A couple times it had similar error trying to include the manifest. Doing a couple reboots and further testing.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Can you send me the project files that has this problem? Send it to...

mmarino@flexerasoftware.com

I would like to try and see what is happening. I tried similar steps and cannot reproduce it with sample projects.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos