cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notlogan
Level 6

Error 7066

It says it can't find the prerequsite win installer vista. #1 I never made this a prerequisit. #2 in the Redistributables window it says the file is installed locally on my system. Why can't installshield find it???

It is looking for the file in: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012SpringLE\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer 4.5
The required file is in: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012SpringLE\SetupPrerequisites

Why is InstallShield looking in the wrong location?????

Furthermore it is looking for a file named Windows Vista (x64).prq and the files on my drive are x86 files.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
notlogan
Level 6

I am also getting the same error for the file Windows Server 2008 (x64).prq
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Could you please kindly let me know , which prerequisite you included in the setup project to investigate the issue further?

Sometimes, included prerequisites may have dependencies defined inside of the prerequisites dependencies section.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello,

Could you please kindly let me know , which prerequisite you included in the setup project to investigate the issue further?

Sometimes, included prerequisites may have dependencies defined inside of the prerequisites dependencies section.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

I have no idea. I looked and couldn't find a window for prerequisites. On the Installation Requirements window with operating systems I left them all checked which was the default. I have no applications checked. I am trying to install .net 4.5 and SQL Express if they are not already on the target system. It may be because I selected your SQL that included both x86 and x64Wow......AND THAT SEEMED TO BE THE PROBLEM. The solution built without error when I only include SQL x86. I guess I'm confused. I thought your x86 & x64 SQL download might be smart enough to install the correct version for the target computer.

So now I have two questions:
1) Is it possible to install 64 bit SQL on 64 bit OS target computers and 86 bit SQL on 86 bit target computers?
2) My build succeeded but it didn't copy anything to my target DVD drive. The tutorial didn't say what to do with the solution. Do I copy the contents of my ...\projects\setup\setup\setup\express\DVD-5\DiskImages\Disk1 folder to the DVD?

I have a thrid question about how to register the web service I'm installing with IIS but I'm still doing research....

Thanks.
0 Kudos