cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbrown
Level 3

Error 6118 after installing SP1

I just installed SP1 for InstallShield 2010 Premier, and I am getting the following error message while compiling:

Building RES file: _ISUser_0xChinese (PRC): 中文(简体).res

RC : fatal error RC1110 : could not open C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\TestProject\_ISUser_0xChinese (PRC): ??(??).rc

ISDEV : error -6118: The Resource compiler failed to build the RES file "C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\TestProject\_ISUser_0xChinese (PRC): 中文(简体).res" required to link the DLL.

Any project that includes Chinese and an edited dialog box gives me this error.

I have done some research on this and it looks like it used to be a problem that was fixed back in InstallShield 12: http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q112424&sliceId=1

I did not get this error before installing SP1, but Chinese characters were showing up as "??". I thought SP1 might help fix that, not break it. 😕

Have any of you run into this? Any workarounds?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This was an error introduced by SP1, and is being tracked under IOA-000052533. You can fix it by applying the file from the hotfix attached to this message. Please back up your existing ISWIBuild.dll file (InstallShieldFolder\System) just in case.
0 Kudos
tbrown
Level 3

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos