cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlMudryk
Level 3

Error -6003: An error occurred when streaming... when signing the MSI file

I have an issue that just started in the last few days. I have an standard MSI project that creates a setup.exe. As recently as last week I was able to have InstallShield 2012 sign both the MSI and the Setup.exe when I build the release. Now, whenever I try do so, I get the following errors:

ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Users\CarlM\Work\Dev\pD CP\001 Generic\001.2014.05.4.3\pD-CP-001.2014.05.4.3\pD-CP-Templates.isc' into setup.exe
ISDEV : error -6003: An error occurred streaming 'C:\Users\CarlM\Work\Dev\pD CP\001 Generic\001.2014.05.4.3\pD-CP-001.2014.05.4.3\pD-CP-Templates.msi' into setup.exe

As far as I'm aware, the build computer has not changed recently. It is running Windows 7 Professional SP1 and InstallShield 2012 Version 18 Service Pack 1.

I've checked the file permissions, and the login account has administrator privileges. I tried making a small test installer with a single file and get the same error. As soon as I set it to not sign the Windows Installer Package, then the error goes away. We have recently updated the code signing certificate, but have been using it okay for about 2 weeks. Not sure what's going on.

Thank in advance to anyone that can help.

Carl
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(20) Replies