cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruben_carreon
Level 2

Error -5047: Cannot create directory after copy merge modules from CrystalReports

Hi

I use Visual Studio 2015 (14.0.25123.00 Update 2), CrystalReports for Visual Studio (13.0.17.2096), InstallShield LE (22.00.1), .NET Framework (4.5.1)

I have a project that was deploying with no problems, then I started to receive an error when installing the application in Win7 32 bit
something about not been able to register flash.ocx, so I copied the merge module for 32 bit from SAP CrystalReports, now when I complied my setup project it says:

"The path exceeds 248 character limit specified by the operating system. Change the build location of the current release to a shorter path to resolve this issue. ISEXP : error : -5047: Cannot create directory D:\Mis Proyectos\Visual Studio 2015\Visual C#\Virdis\SolumSetup\SolumSetup\Express\DVD-5\DiskImages\DISK1\program files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet. The path exceeds 248 character limit specified by the operating system. Change the build location of the current release to a shorter path to resolve this issue."

If a remove the merge module it compiles fine but the installation fails trying to register the flash.ocx.

How can I fix this?

Thank you for your help

Rubenc
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

Try changing the Release Location to shallower path.
0 Kudos