cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_vinculum
Level 3

Error -4340 and missing ISCmdBld.exe

We are trying to build a single image version of our installer where we continuously get a internal -4340 error.

By googling this largely dead forum some suggestested to use ISCmdBld.exe to switch to verbose level. Well there is no such executable in the Spring LE version for Visual Studio 2012.
Is there a way to turn on verbose logging via visual studio?
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
the_vinculum
Level 3

Well I found the solution.

Disable the Scan At Build of InstallShield under Options/.Net. This should prevent any scan for OCX related files which were causing the 4340 for me.
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

If you don't scan for .net can you still install .net when necessary?

I'm scanning and installing .net 4.5 and haven't gotten this problem. Guess I'm lucky. It would be nice if Flexera provided any kind of support for their products.
0 Kudos
the_vinculum
Level 3

The installer in question does install net 4.5 as a prerequisite, this is no problem.

I am quite unaware of what the option really does. I suppose it tries to locate missing dependencies during build. As we require .net explicitly this works for us.

Also unrelated: Who the hell inverts the order of threads? Never seen inverting them before. Probably it's a "doing things totally the way around" mentality.
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

I see. I can't even find the "options/.net" selection so I guess I'm not setting it.

It took me a while to get used to the backwards forum. But since no one ever answers any questions - other than to send serial numbers - I guess it really doesn't matter.
0 Kudos
the_vinculum
Level 3

I need to click on a install shield project then I have an options button appear on the tool bar (not the menu bar) where I can control the scan behaviour.
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

ahh...I see it now....never touched it, thankfully. Thanks.
0 Kudos