cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dumian
Level 2

Error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging module [MODULENAME] for featur

Hello all

So this is my first time working with InstallShield, I was playing around with it but I still haven´t manage to create my first installer... I´m getting two errors when I try to build the installation...

ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x64.E83531BF_FAC2_33DD_8232_0506BF31308B:0' for Feature 'Core'.
ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x64.4D63715F_A814_391A_A622_9058191930F7:0' for Feature 'Core'.

I read that IS can´t find these two files, so i´m pretty clueless on what to do next.

What can I do to solve this problem ?
regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
VitalyR
Level 3

Download them from redistributables page.
0 Kudos

is there any other way to do the same?

or any work around.

0 Kudos

Hi @shikha525 ,

The mentioned merge-module has to be added to your project to get rid of that error.It can be done either

• By adding/checking specified merge-module in redistributables view APPLICATION DATA->Redistributables if it is IDE build
  • Or If it is a build machine/server which makes use of only IsCmdBuild,the specified mergemodule path can be passed as commandline with "-o "

-o <merge module search path>

Basic MSI, InstallScript, InstallScript MSI

This parameter specifies one or more comma-delimited folders that contain the merge module files (.msm) that are referenced by your project.

InstallShield provides additional ways for specifying the folders that contain merge modules. For more information, see Specifying the Directories that Contain Merge Modules.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos