cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff12345678910
Level 4

Error -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file

Hi,

I'm using IS 2013 LE. The icon file I'm using for my shortcuts is the standard IS setup.ico that ships with IS and is located in
\redist\Language Independent\OS Independent\setupicon.ico

I did this to remove the possibility that the problem I'm seeing is being caused by my own icon file.

The build fails about 30% of the time with this error.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2013Limited\InstallShield.targets(108, 3): -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\258316e5d2bb2bf4\icon.ico.

It fails from the IDE and from MSBUILD. I also get random exception crashes like the following...
c:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2013Limited\InstallShield.targets(108, 3): Exception Caught

This happens on our build machine and 2 other developer machines. All with the same random occurrence.

What is the method I can use to debug and resolve this?

Jeff.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello Jeff,

Are you using your own icon in the Add or Remove Program section of the General Information view?
0 Kudos
jeff12345678910
Level 4

kyi wrote:
Hello Jeff,

Are you using your own icon in the Add or Remove Program section of the General Information view?

Yes, but I'm using the Flexera supplied "setupicon.ico".
0 Kudos
jeff12345678910
Level 4

Is there anyone who can help with this error?

Thanks,

Jeff.
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Jeff,

Can you provide the project or a sample project that is displaying the behavior?
Also, for the inconsistency in the error, do you have a anti-virus program active in your network? If yes, is it possible to disable it for testing?
0 Kudos