cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjeslis
Level 5

Error 2835 With Session.Message

Using a VbScript CA I'm trying to post a modal message box using Session.Message BUT trying to use an Error Icon or Critical/Hand Icon. No matter what code I pass into the session message record I can't seem to get anything other then the vbExclamation icon.

I've tried with constants vs. hard code Hex strings (e.g. &H01000010) with no luck.

Here's the VBScript code:

Dim Response
Set hMsgRecord = Session.Installer.CreateRecord(0)
hMsgRecord.StringData(0) = sInvalidInfoError & " must be non-blank in order to proceed."
Response = Session.Message (msiMessageTypeError + vbCritical, hMsgRecord)
Set hMsgRecord = nothing

Here's the error in the MSI log: Line 1 is the function, line 2 is the message I'm displaying.

Action start 14:04:26: ValidateCustomerInfo.
Info 2835.The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog SetupError.
User name must be non-blank in order to proceed.
MSI (c) (DC!A0) [14:04:27:918]: Product: xxxxxx Database Utility -- User name must be non-blank in order to proceed.

Action ended 14:04:27: ValidateCustomerInfo. Return value 0.

Anyone encounter the same troubles before?

Scott
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
larrydalooza
Level 3

Tried &H00002010 ?
0 Kudos
sjeslis
Level 5

Sorry Cousin Larry, neither &H00001010 nor &H00002010 did anything. It has to be related to that 2835 error.;)
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior with the code provided in a sample project. Does the SetupError dialog in your project contain an icon control named ErrorIcon?
0 Kudos
sjeslis
Level 5

Nope. just a WarningIcon. I see this in 2 ISMs that have been upgraded through "time" from IS 11-> IS 12-> IS 2008-> 2009-> 2010, etc.

On the newest 2010 ISM I see ErrorIcon and ErrorText so did this change through the years? And what is my course of action at this point? Do I rename WarningIcon to ErrorIcon?:confused:
0 Kudos
sjeslis
Level 5

Renaming that icon to ErrorIcon in the dialog fixed the issue. Is this safe to do?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, that should be safe; and yes, it's something that changed around the IS12 era, at least according to KB article Q107830.
0 Kudos