cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevChuck
Level 2

Error 27508.Error installing COM+ application

Has anyone run into problems installing COM+ applications on Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 OS. I have three COM+ applicaitons being installed, the first two work great but the third one is now failing and I don't understand why. Here is the part of the log created using Verbose where the error is recorded.

Action ended 14:18:06: ISSetupFilesCleanup. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (78:A8) [14:18:06:967]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIBC8E.tmp, Entrypoint: ISComponentServiceFinalize
Action start 14:18:06: ISComponentServiceFinalize.
MSI (s) (78!68) [14:19:07:575]: Product: FuelsManager Defense v8.0 -- Error 27508.Error installing COM+ application FMSharedComponents. Errors occurred accessing one or more objects - the ErrorInfo collection may have more detail

Error 27508.Error installing COM+ application FMSharedComponents. Errors occurred accessing one or more objects - the ErrorInfo collection may have more detail
MSI (s) (78:84) [14:19:07:587]: Doing action: ISXmlFinalize
Action ended 14:19:07: ISComponentServiceFinalize. Return value 1.

Once the install completes I have to delete the COM+ component and then create it manually using Regsvcs.exe and it works fine.

Any suggestions or possible places to look would be most appreciated.

KevChuck
Kevin Charles
Quality Assurance Manager
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
hidenori
Level 17

Would it be possible for you to email me a sample project that reproduces the behavior at hyamanishi@acresso.com so that I can look into it?
0 Kudos