cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viniciogomez89
Level 3

Error 2709

When I make new draft InstallShield wizard, all compiled normally, but when running the setup.exe get this error, which attached the image and the log.

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

The installing is claiming that the component, crtowords_en.dll.B625DA58_2D88_11D3_B332_00A0C9DA500E, is not in the component table.
I think this might be pulled in as a dependency. Try setting the Scan at Build setting of the file properties for your executable and dll files to Properties Only.
0 Kudos
viniciogomez89
Level 3

Hi,

These dependencies are displayed when scanning, CR115_NET_2005 component, I have not added my project but if I set my machine, not meeting the dll with that name.

It is crystal reports version 11.5

These dependencies are displayed when scanning, CR115_NET_2005 component, I have not added my project but if I set my machine, not meeting the dll with that name.

0 Kudos
viniciogomez89
Level 3

kyi wrote:
Hi,

The installing is claiming that the component, crtowords_en.dll.B625DA58_2D88_11D3_B332_00A0C9DA500E, is not in the component table.
I think this might be pulled in as a dependency. Try setting the Scan at Build setting of the file properties for your executable and dll files to Properties Only.

Hi

I sent more information.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Error 2709 Offline join completion information was not found

This looks to be caused by a Microsoft security update (KB2918614) that looks to impact the Windows Installer technology that InstallShield leverages to create installers. Unfortunately since the issue lies with a Microsoft product there is little we can do to "fix" the issue.

currently there are 2 workarounds that are available:

1. Uninstall Microsoft security update KB2918614 and then attempt to install once again. This has solved the issue for many customers. Once your application is installed you should be able to reinstall the security update without issue.

2. Follow the workaround steps (Known issue 2) from this link :
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2918614
0 Kudos
viniciogomez89
Level 3

jkell wrote:
Error 2709 Offline join completion information was not found

This looks to be caused by a Microsoft security update (KB2918614) that looks to impact the Windows Installer technology that InstallShield leverages to create installers. Unfortunately since the issue lies with a Microsoft product there is little we can do to "fix" the issue.

currently there are 2 workarounds that are available:

1. Uninstall Microsoft security update KB2918614 and then attempt to install once again. This has solved the issue for many customers. Once your application is installed you should be able to reinstall the security update without issue.

2. Follow the workaround steps (Known issue 2) from this link :
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2918614

Hello, I have not the windows update, I've searched, per nothing
0 Kudos
viniciogomez89
Level 3

Hello, I have not the windows update, I've searched, per nothing
0 Kudos