cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgiy_senenko
Level 5

Error 1907. Could not register font.

Hello,

I have Basic MSI Installshield 2012 project. It includes ironruby components which copies ironruby files into [INSTALLDIR].
At the moment I experience problem to install .msi installer on Win7 OS (for example target dir was c:\temp). The error message is:

"Error 1907. Could not register font. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to install fonts, and that the system supports this font"

I debugged a bit , and it seems that only one Chalkboard.ttf file causes the problem. There are other .ttf files in source directory and they can be included into installer without any problems
Furthermore we have another installer based on InstallScript project. I can install Chalkboard.ttf without any problems, but now we must use BasicMSI projects.
I would assume that default component settings in BasicMSI project differ from InstallScript. I guess in BasicMSI they set that installer tries to register fonts, but I cannot find where it is.

Could you please help to resolve the problem?

Best regards, Georgiy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Font files to be registered are populated in the Font table in your MSI package. InstallShield will attempt to determine if a file is a font when it is added to a project and, if it is, will add a reference to the file in the Font table. You can remove this entry from the Font table in the project if the file is statically linked.
0 Kudos
mitchboo
Level 2

I have installed InstallShield Limited Edition into Visual Studio and was able to figure how to create an installer fine, but now, I need to install a font for my application to work. How do I proceed ? The program help is of no use, I could not even find the topic.

Is there a detailed how-to somewhere, or am I hoping too much ?

Thanks for any solid pointers and real answers.
0 Kudos
mitchboo
Level 2

mitchboo wrote:
I have installed InstallShield Limited Edition into Visual Studio and was able to figure how to create an installer fine, but now, I need to install a font for my application to work. How do I proceed ? The program help is of no use, I could not even find the topic.

Is there a detailed how-to somewhere, or am I hoping too much ?

Thanks for any solid pointers and real answers.

Alright. I should have read 7 times the post before that was a bit too abstract for me to understand that font installation is automatic for files added to the project. Experimenting showed me the way.

Pity it does not seem to be mentioned in the help file ; the feature is great.

Thank you.
0 Kudos