cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nshore
Level 2

Error 1603 Installing .NET

Hi,

I'm trying to build an install for a WPF Desktop Application (x64 bit only). Since it is a WPF application it, of course, requires .NET

Every install I try to build when tested on various machines all running windows 10 64 bit fails with the error

"1603: Error installing Microsoft(R).NET Framework".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

nshore,

The error code just indicates a generic fatal error. You have not provided any log files, or indication of what you have done.
What type of install is this? Is it a basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, etc.

If .NET framework is failing to install, have you check the temp directory to see if there are log files generated there?

Since you require .NET Framework, how do you have Microsoft's .NET Framework install included in your Installer? For some operating systems you will need to run DISM to enable .NET Framework, while for other operating systems you will need to download and install files from Microsoft.
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

nshore wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to build an install for a WPF Desktop Application (x64 bit only). Since it is a WPF application it, of course, requires .NET

Every install I try to build when tested on various machines all running windows 10 64 bit fails with the error

"1603: Error installing Microsoft(R).NET Framework".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi
For windows 10 you can try enabling windows feature using installshield built-in pre-requisite which will be available under INSTALLDIR\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Windows Feature).prq
If you couldn't i am attaching it here in .txt format due to some file format exception,which includes support for all OS versions upto latest.

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos

hi,

I have also this same issue. I create install wizard installShield Express edition. 

0 Kudos