cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RexChng
Level 2

Error 1500. Another installation is progress

Hello,
I am going to use LaunchAppAndWait to install JRE, e.g. jre-6u21-windows-i586-s.exe. However in silent mode, in the execute list, the jre can't be installed due to Error:
Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.
After googled, I think it is because both jre and my installation program are running at the same time. Does anybody have any comments on this issue? It is possible to work out a solusion?
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
VishalIS2016
Level 2

If your application need JRE to be installed on your machine, then install it using pre-req and install it before your installation starts (tick the box "install before feature selection").
0 Kudos
RexChng
Level 2

What I want is the JRE can be selected by the user to install or not install. However the prerequiesity can not be affected by command line parameters, when silent installing.
0 Kudos
MarkusLatz
Level 8

Use the suite project type.

regards

Markus
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

RexChng wrote:
What I want is the JRE can be selected by the user to install or not install. However the prerequiesity can not be affected by command line parameters, when silent installing.

Hi RexChng,

Please follow the below form post which looks like similar question.

https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?226395-User-s-Decision-on-Prerequisite

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos