cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mael15
Level 3

Error 1324

i use the limited edition in visual studio 2012. the log file shows no errors or warnings when building the setup project. when i execute the setup.exe file, i get this error:
Error 1324. The path .. contains an invalid character.
what can i do?
thanx!
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

HI ,
the error may be due to invalid path in the registry.you please go through this link it may help you .
http://techsmith.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1160/~/during-the-installation-process-i-receive%3A-error-1324%3A-the-folder-path-contains
if every thing regarding install shield is correct.
0 Kudos
mael15
Level 3

thank you for your answer. it did not help unfortunately.
do you have another idea?
other installers that i downloaded work just fine, only my self compiled one fails.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

0 Kudos
mael15
Level 3

it does not seem to fit my problem because my path in the error message is ".."
i enabled "create msi logs" and after the mentioned error it sais "Error 2707. Target paths not created. No path exists for entry SystemFolder in Directory table."
that does not ring a bell with me though...
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you share the MSI log so that we could investigate further.
0 Kudos
mael15
Level 3

the mentioned error 2707 appears when i check "Show the windows installer log" and finish the installation. so there is no log.
0 Kudos
mael15
Level 3

i found another hint: the error only appears when i add source code to the installer. and not just any source code, but from one of my projects. i attached the setup.exe so maybe someone can try to locate the problem?
thanx!!
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

The issue is related to invalid path associated to INSTALLDIR. Could you kindly provide us the .isl file of your project so that we could investigate further.
0 Kudos
mael15
Level 3

here it is!
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you let us know the default UI language of Visual Studio IDE.

Also could you add any other sample project to the .isl file(In a new solution) and check if the same issue persists.

At my end I am unable to reproduce the issue using the .isl file which you have provided.
0 Kudos
mael15
Level 3

Lenwin wrote:
Could you let us know the default UI language of Visual Studio IDE.

the visual studio default language is German. the problem is the same when i switch the setup language to English or German.

Lenwin wrote:
Also could you add any other sample project to the .isl file(In a new solution) and check if the same issue persists.

i am not sure what you mean by that? here are all the project files:
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you refer your private message for the modified solution file.
0 Kudos