cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guenhome
Level 3

Error 1001 with ServiceInstaller since installing VS2015

Hi,

Since I installed VS2015 all my existing Limited Edition projects, when rebuild and deployed, are generating error 1001.
I'm not rebuilding the projects in VS2015, this occurs if I rebuild them in VS2012 or VS2013 and try to deploy.

After unmarking the Installer Class, in Coms & .Net Settings, deploy the setup and then manually register the service with InstallUtil everything works ok.

Anybody any idea what the problem could be?

Thx for any suggestions,

Guillaume
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

So you are not building in VS2015, but building in VS2013 on the same machine that VS2015 is on?
Also, this is a run time error?
0 Kudos
guenhome
Level 3

kyi wrote:
Hi,

So you are not building in VS2015, but building in VS2013 on the same machine that VS2015 is on?
Also, this is a run time error?

That is correct. I'm building an old project in VS2013 and the error happens in run-time. The only thing that changed, since the problems started with a couple of my projects, is that I installed VS2015.
0 Kudos
kgourley
Level 2

Hi Guillaume
I'm having the same issue and have tracked it down to what the issue is.. I posted a thread as well. I just don't know how to resolve it either. The issue is below:

Visual Studio 2013 uses InstallShield Limited Edition 2013 to build ‘setup and install packages;. After installing Visual Studio 2015, a generated file name _isconfig.xml using Installshield is generated to tell the installer class what framework to use for the installutil.exe and installutillib.dll to install the windows service correctly.

What the generated _isconfig.xml contained using VS 2013 before VS 2015 installation and Windows 10 was below:

What the generated _isconfig.xml contained using VS 2013 after VS 2015 installation and Windows 10 is below

There is no [WindowsFolder]microsoft.net\framework\v4.6.79 folder to support this runtime.

I'm looking for an answer as well. I attached the MSI installation error log to your thread.

Cheers
Kim
0 Kudos
guenhome
Level 3

kgourley wrote:
Hi Guillaume
I'm having the same issue and have tracked it down to what the issue is.. I posted a thread as well. I just don't know how to resolve it either. The issue is below:

Visual Studio 2013 uses InstallShield Limited Edition 2013 to build ‘setup and install packages;. After installing Visual Studio 2015, a generated file name _isconfig.xml using Installshield is generated to tell the installer class what framework to use for the installutil.exe and installutillib.dll to install the windows service correctly.

What the generated _isconfig.xml contained using VS 2013 before VS 2015 installation and Windows 10 was below:

What the generated _isconfig.xml contained using VS 2013 after VS 2015 installation and Windows 10 is below

There is no [WindowsFolder]microsoft.net\framework\v4.6.79 folder to support this runtime.

I'm looking for an answer as well. I attached the MSI installation error log to your thread.

Cheers
Kim

Hi Kim,

I tried changing the .xml so that it looks for the old runtime version but that doesn't solve the problem.

For the moment i'm running the setup without installerclass and then installutil the service but that's extra work each time.

Did you find another solution yet?

Guillaume
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Is this occurring on Windows 10 for both of you?
0 Kudos
guenhome
Level 3

kyi wrote:
Is this occurring on Windows 10 for both of you?

For me it's on Windows 7.

Guillaume
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Guys,

Try the latest version.
I am not getting the 1001 error with a few quick tests.
0 Kudos
guenhome
Level 3

kyi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Try the latest version.
I am not getting the 1001 error with a few quick tests.

Hi,

Correct it works again with latest version.
0 Kudos