cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CadenceK
Level 3

Error 1001 When a .NET Installer Class Component is Present in InstallShield 2013 SP1

I'm having an identical issue to https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/HOTFIX-Install-Fails-With-Error-1001-When-a-NET-Installer-Class/ta-p/4085 posted by @Jellou  but with Installshield 2013 SP1 instead of 2015. I can reproduce the issue using the same 'Steps to Reproduce' section in that link.

I used Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise 16.6 to generate the .NET Assembly with the Installer class. I tried targeting both .NET Framework 4.7.1 and 4.5.2 but in both cases the result is 'Error 1001' during the installation of my Basic MSI project.

I attempted to use the hotfix from the link but the version of ISWIBuild.dll in the hotfix is not compatible with Installshield 2013.

Is there an equivalent hotfix available for Installshield 2013 SP1?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @CadenceK ,

Unfortunately the provided hot-fix is for InstallShield 2015 as well the fix would be available from InstallShield 2016 on wards. You can double check few things from the below KB article if that could fix:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Error-1001-Occurs-During-Installation/ta-p/4004

If those dint help,there is no other way than upgrading new one one.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Our component which has the '.NET Installer Class' property set to 'Yes' only implements the 'OnBeforeInstall', 'OnAfterInstall', and 'OnBeforeUninstall' methods of the System.Configuration.Install.Installer class. To solve our problem could I call InstallUtil.exe directly using Installscript Custom Actions instead of the .NET Installer Class property?

Would it be as simple as adding a custom action after the InstallServices action which would call 'InstallUtil.exe <Component Key File Name>' and adding an action after the DeleteServices action which would call 'InstallUtil.exe /u <Component Key File Name>'? Also what should the custom actions 'Conditions' properties be set to for each of these custom actions?

0 Kudos

Hi @CadenceK ,

From your reply:

• "To solve our problem could I call InstallUtil.exe directly using Installscript Custom Actions instead of the .NET Installer Class property?"-Can you explain what is your problem here?
  • InstallUtil might not understand assembly or executable file name from component key name.Parameter has to be file name.More details on:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/tools/installutil-exe-installer-tool
  • Which ever you can do from installutil.exe,Installshield services view can help you with.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

If i installed InstallShield 2014 Premier on same machine  will i can install  InstallShield 2014 DIM Editor on it?

And tell me how Microsoft Visual Studio works on it ? need to know how Microsoft Visual Studio is integrated with this.? VPN black Friday

I am a Travel practitioner.
0 Kudos

The ".NET Installer Class" property causes the installation to trigger the Install, Uninstall, Commit, and Rollback method of the System.Configuration.Install.Installer class as does InstallUtil.exe so I wondered if calling InstallUtil.exe would be the equivalent of setting the ".NET Installer" component property.

0 Kudos