cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrtsi
Level 3

Error 1001 (MSI Database) during Build of Single Image

I get this message about 3 out of 10 times. Restarting the build immediately is usually successful. It happens is batch mode, too.

================= Logging started at 5/23/2015 09:59:55 AM ==================
Created release folders
ISEXP : fatal error -1001: Error opening MSI database C:\InstallShield 2014 Projects\JROTrial\Express\Express\SingleImage\DiskImages\DISK1\Jackpot Rodeo Trial Installation.msi
Express\SingleImage - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
================= Logging stopped at 5/23/2015 09:59:56 AM ==================
Log file has been created:

Has anybody experienced this? It's very annoying..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chrtsi
Level 3

I've also re-registered the stuff (msi.dll, etc.) the help text tells you to re-register, and I have the latest msi (5.0). I'm on Windows 8.1.
0 Kudos
chrtsi
Level 3

FYI, this problem still exists in InstallShield Express 2015, and nobody seems to care that much.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

It's not reproducible on my end. Would it be possible for you to post a sample project that replicates the behavior so that I can look into the issue further?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
0 Kudos
lee12345678910
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
It's not reproducible on my end. Would it be possible for you to post a sample project that replicates the behavior so that I can look into the issue further?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I'm also getting this error from my service installer. I'm using VS 2012 (tried it also with VS 2015) and Windows 10. I've installed InstallShield 2015 LE and rebuilt the solution, but continue to get the 1001 error when attempting to perform the install. There doesn't appear to be a way to see which InstallShield LE version Visual Studio is actually using. I had been using an older version (2012 I believe).

-Lee
0 Kudos