cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stu_farish
Level 3

Error 1001. Installer Was Working, Now Isn't

I have multiple projects, in separate solutions that are Windows Services written in C# using VS2012 and VS2013. InstallShield LE is the installer.

These are projects that have been through QA and deployed, the installers worked. the ones built in the past still do. However, if I rebuild the projects now and run the installer, it will die.

It runs long enough to create the folder & copy files into it. then it produces a dialog that says only "Error 1001." with no other information. I click on OK and it produces another dialog, same message. I click OK. the folder it created is deleted and installation fails.

there have been no code changes. No changes to anything in the install project. simply get it from TFS, build it & watch it not install.

If I simply run the last copy of the installer that was checked into TFS, it installs fine.

This pattern is identical with 2 solutions that I've checked. I haven't been able to find anything about this that has worked. I'm guessing that somewhere, some setting has been changed but it's not at the project or solution level, as this repeats in both VS2012 and VS2013.

A clean install of VS2013 and InstallShield LE on a laptop works fine.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(13) Replies