cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scensi
Level 2

Enabling Windows Identity Foundation on Windows 8

Does anyone know if InstallShield 2013 has the capability of enabling Windows Identity Foundation on Windows 8 or what would be the best approach?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Paul_Nicholas
Level 3

I would also be very interested to know how to do this
(a .PRQ file to achieve this would be very helpful!)
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

My approach would probably be to use the Windows Features setting on a package in a Suite/Advanced UI project. (Here are some details on how to specify a custom Windows feature.) Note that you'll have to determine the internal name of the Windows feature on each OS you want to support. One way to approach this is through the command-line: dism /online /get-features > featurelist.txt
0 Kudos
Paul_Nicholas
Level 3

Thanks Michael,

Do you happen to have any reference information on how to do this with the Professional edition of InstallShield 2013 (i.e. not within a Suite project)?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Roman1
Level 9

Yes, doing this in msi Setup should be also possible.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I would typically not recommend installing Windows Features from within an MSI transaction. It's possible, and may work fine, but I expect there are some interactions around which work poorly. That said, if you have a single target OS such as Windows 8, and don't mind the lack of progress feedback (and other violations of the MSI transactional model), it's fairly straightforward to call dism.exe as part of a custom action.
0 Kudos