cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPRaven
Level 3

Enabling .Net 3.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Server 2008 R2 comes with the .Net Framework 3.5.1 pre-installed, but not not enabled unless you manually set-up certain server roles through the Server Manager.

I have tried adding the .Net Framework 3.5 Prerequisite to our installation package but it fails on the above OS with an error message, because it is pre-installed.

After trawling the Internet for several hours, I discovered that the .Net 3.5.1 features on Server 2008 R2 can be enabled through a command line:

"ServerManagerCmd -install Net-Framework"

If this is the best way to "switch on" the 3.5 Framework, then I would like to run the command line during the installation. I guess this could be done using Custom Actions but I don't know how to set the conditions so that it runs only on the above OS and at what point during the installation to run the command line.

Can anyone please advise? Also if anyone out there knows of a better way to enable the 3.5 Framework, any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
kaneohe
Level 6

You can install the feature with the OCSetup program if you have the internal feature name (can't remember it off-hand). You can launch an immediate or deferred CA based on the properties you've set in your System Search.
0 Kudos
mjanulaitis1234
Level 4

How did you end up handling this?
0 Kudos
flyywail
Level 2

I use this command line in my installscript, but it is for windows server 2008 R2, I did not find it for windows 7.
LaunchAppAndWait (System64Folder^"ocsetup.exe", " NetFx3 ", WAIT);
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

0 Kudos