cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanqis
Level 6

Empty tables to be filled

I get an error ERROR_BAD_QUERY_SYNTAX (1615) when I call MsiDatabaseOpenView with a query on empty tables.
I'm using this call to get the handle to the view. That handle is not set up after the call.

I wish to dynamically fill the tables ServiceControl, ServiceInstall and Registry with information found whilst running a major upgrade / install product crossover.

Reading this link:
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?161797-ISSetAllUsers-appears-to-hang-IS-12/page6&p=361243#post361243

I think the problem may be that empty tables are being removed from the final setup.exe (msi there in).

Can anyone please confirm this is the cause.

I don't think that putting some dummy values in the tables is the right way to solve the problem.

Is there a way to prevent specific tables being removed when the install file is created (if this is indeed the problem) ?

OR

Is this a bug in the behaviour of InstallScript. It is after all possible in SQL to return an empty recordset (the direct equivalent of my actions).

This is a bit of a show stopper right now so I'd really appreciate any ones information/suggestions to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(13) Replies