cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PfeilSpain
Level 3

Dynamic linked files not removed after upgrade is uninstalled

Hello there!
I am currently using Installshield 2014 and project type is basic MSI project and I'm having problems while using the Dynamic Linked files.

Sequence to reproduce problem is as follows:

1. Install version 1.0.0. (This version includes 13 files, which are the ones availables at the repository).

2. Remove one file from the repository.

2. Upgrade to 1.1.0 using major upgrade. (12 files have been updated).

3. Uninstall 1.1.0.

4. The one fileswhich was dynamically added on version 1.0.0. has not been removed.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks folks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
wendye
Level 2

PfeilSpain wrote:
Hello there!
I am currently using InstallShield 2014 for the paymydoctor and project type is a basic MSI project and I'm having problems while using the Dynamic Linked Kroger feedback .

1. Install version 1.0.0. (This version includes 13 files, which are the ones available at the repository).

3. Uninstall 1.1.0.

4. The one fileswhich was dynamically added on version 1.0.0. has not been removed.

Did you find any good solution? It seems I faced the same problem here.
0 Kudos
PfeilSpain
Level 3

wendye wrote:
PfeilSpain wrote:
Hello there!
I am currently using InstallShield 2014 for the paymydoctor and project type is a basic MSI project and I'm having problems while using the Dynamic Linked Kroger feedback .

1. Install version 1.0.0. (This version includes 13 files, which are the ones available at the repository).

3. Uninstall 1.1.0.

Hello there,
the only approach that worked for me was to completely uninstall the previous version (1.0.0 and all its 13 files) before installing the newer version (1.0.1 and all its 12 files).

Doing it this way, it seems to work but it's not what I was looking for. If you can find another approach, let me know 🙂

All the best.
0 Kudos
PfeilSpain
Level 3

wendye wrote:
PfeilSpain wrote:
Hello there!

3. Uninstall 1.1.0.

The only solution I found was to uninstall the previous version (and all its files) before installing the newer version.
It's not what I was looking for, but so far so good.

If you find any other solution, please, let me know 🙂
0 Kudos