cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poornisaran30
Level 2

Dynamic Link issue

Hi, 

At the Installsheild2019Premier - At Project Assistant Tab - At Application files Tab - when I try to add folders it automatically directs me to a pop-up box which represents the dynamic files option. So I am able to add files and folders easily at one component.

When the pop-up box apprears to include sub folders , there is option called "Don't show this dialog box again". Mistakenly I have clicked it. So now all my folders are adding in static file mode which it doesn't suits my project.

I am trying to bring back the dynamic files adding method, I have uninstalled and installed Installsheild, but still I could not bring back the dynamic files dialog box again to add my folders in dynamic files method.

How to bring back the dynamic files method pop-up box at Application files Tab at Project Assistant?

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @poornisaran30,

Thank you for your post.

You need to find a Windows Registry entry like the following:

HKU\<GUID>\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\25.0\Professional\Project Settings

Change PromptTryDFL from: 0x00000000

to: 0x00000001

in Hexadecimal.

With the Windows Registry search functionality, you may need to search the Windows Registry for: PromptTryDFL

Then give adding dynamic links another try.

I tried these steps, on my end, and these steps worked for me. Do they work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos
poornisaran30
Level 2

Thank you so much.. Hope it will help me in future.. At the moment I have installed the version 2021 replacing 2019.

Much thanks for the valuable reply.

0 Kudos

You are welcome, @poornisaran30.. I hope so, too.. Sounds good.

You are welcome; we are happy to help.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos