cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
numberofcode
Level 3

Displaying a custom dialog

I have a custom dialog that I made in the dialog user interface. I don't want it to be displayed as part of the normal dialog sequence (ie: clicking the next button of a previous dialog). Instead, I want to display it using code. The name of the dialog I created in the dialog interface is "MyDialog". My code is as follows:

nResult = EzDefineDialog("MyDialog","","MyDialog",NULL);
nResult = WaitOnDialog("MyDialog");

This is currently not working. nResult returns 0 on the EzDefineDialog call, but nResult returns -1 during the WaitOnDialog call and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, I'm not sure if this matters or not, but this would be the second custom dialog being displayed on the screen at the same time (maybe this isn't possible?). Basically, the installation proceeds from dialog to dialog when the user hits the next button (or back/cancel/etc.). At some point during this sequence, I want to call "MyDialog" manually. So, the normal installation sequence will still be hanging around in the background until I have exited from "MyDialog". This is a basic msi project. Any Ideas?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
numberofcode
Level 3

Never mind. Apparently it is not possible in a basic msi project:
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield16helplib_sp1/CustomDialogTips.htm
0 Kudos