cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Display Progress when Installing Windows Features/Roles in Suite

I use ISInstallProgress for displaying the overall progress of the Suite. Is there a way to display the installation progress for Windows features/roles being installed via the Suite? I have played around a bit trying ISParcelProgress and ISParcelStatus with no success. Some of the features may take a few minutes to install and it would be nice to see that it is progressing.
Thanks for any advice.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

This depends on the OS of the target system:

If a Suite/Advanced UI installation enables a Windows role or feature on some target systems, the InstallationProgress wizard page of the Suite/Advanced UI installation can show the progress of the role or feature being enabled. This progress information is available on target systems that have Windows 8 or later or Windows Server 2012 or later. On these target systems, a Suite/Advanced UI installation uses DISM APIs to enable roles and features, and these APIs have support for reporting the progress information.

On Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 target systems, a Suite/Advanced UI installation uses Pkgmgr.exe to enable roles and features. Pkgmgr.exe does not have support for reporting progress information; therefore, on these systems, the progress bar cannot updated as roles and features are being enabled.

Although DISM.exe is available on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 systems, the API support is not shipped on these versions of Windows. In addition, the API DLL dependencies are not available for redistributing to target systems.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Great! Thanks Debbie.
Currently I am running IS 2013. Do I need SP1 for this? I am not quite ready to update... but will do so in the next month or so.
Do I use ISParcelProgress; or ISParcelStatus; or something else?
Thanks
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

No, you don't need InstallShield 2013 SP1 for this functionality. It's in InstallShield 2013.
0 Kudos