cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dschnob
Level 2

Disabling All Dialog Windows In Suite Project

I have created a Suite Project file which contains a 32-bit and a 64-bit setup.exe file. Based on the architecture of the target machine, it will start the installation of the appropriate setup. Since all of the intelligence is built into each original setup, I would like to have the Suite Project act as a dumb installer and simply invoke the appropriate setup file without displaying any additional dialog boxes. Is this possible and if so how can I accomplish this.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Hmm. The raw answer is probably yes (though I wouldn't recommend it): you could delete or put false conditions on each wizard page of the suite, and you could launch your existing installations as .exe packages instead of .msi packages so that their UI is shown. But I haven't tested the first half of this (disabling or deleting all pages), so I'm uncertain what the behavior will be.
0 Kudos
aokbeatty
Level 3

I am also attempting to create a "dumb" autorun program which will install either setup32.exe or setup64.exe depending on the user's OS. To this this I've disabled all the Wizard Pages I don't want to show by creating a binding which evaluates to false - {Binding MyShowDlg==true} - MyShowDlg==false in the property manager. Although I'm doing this for all the Pages I'm not showing, one could easily create a per-Page binding to handle each Page individually.

All this is working very well with one exception. When a package fails to install correctly, IDS_SUITE_PACKAGEFAIL appears in a YesNo dialog. This is unacceptable. My questions are:

1. Why isn't the YesNo dialog showing in the Secondary Dialogs in the Wizard Interface in the IDE?
2. Can I remove the YesNo dialog from my Suite installer entirely, so that if the Package fails to install, it just goes to the InstallationComplete Page?
3. If I can't remove the YesNo dialog, is it possible for me to change it so it has only a Cancel button on it?

Kathy Beatty
0 Kudos
aokbeatty
Level 3

To eliminate the YesNo, simply choose "Abort the setup" as the Exit Behavior for the Package Operation(s).
0 Kudos
kmrid23
Level 2

Can you be more specific on steps to take to disable all the dialog's ?
I tried deleting all the pages as Michael suggested, the project builds , but when I run the Suite's exe nothing happens.

Could you suggest a better way to run the Suite Project as a silent installer and launch the appropriate setup file without displaying any Suite dialog's and only display the individual setup file's UI dialogs beginning with the Welcome dialog ?

(Note: I do not want any Suite related dialog's to appear throughout the installation process) Is this possible ?

Thanks..
0 Kudos

I am also looking to remove the dialogs in the Suite project. Any luck to do that. Can anyone say how to set this {Binding MyShowDlg==true} in property manager.
0 Kudos