cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
insertcoin_gsp
Level 3

Disable specific ICE validation rules

Jump to solution

Hi, my team uses merge modules from other teams that unfortunately have hundreds of ICE errors.

I would still like to run ICE validation on our installers, and fail the build on any errors.
I see that when I run a build through the InstallShield GUI I can disable specific ICE checks:

insertcoin_gsp_0-1583304989394.png

But I can't figure out how to do the same form the CLI. This blog post mentions editing the _ICESequence table in the .cub file, but that had no effect, the test still ran.

insertcoin_gsp_1-1583305115982.png

I'm running the the build like: IsCmdBld.exe -h -p "product.ism" -r "Release" -a "x64" -m darice.cub
This is in InstallShield 2016 SP2, if that changes anything.

How I am meant to disable specific checks?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

@insertcoin_gsp ,

See whether you can disable the ICE validation rules by setting the registry keys under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\23.0\Professional\ICEs

You can get the key and value information by customizing the rules in the InstallShield GUI. If you are doing the CLI build in different machine, then create the  ICE  registry keys on that machine also.

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

@insertcoin_gsp ,

See whether you can disable the ICE validation rules by setting the registry keys under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\23.0\Professional\ICEs

You can get the key and value information by customizing the rules in the InstallShield GUI. If you are doing the CLI build in different machine, then create the  ICE  registry keys on that machine also.

Thanks @banna_k, that worked.

However it does seem pretty hacky, and since the key is specific to IS versions this will need to be updated every time we update.

I don't mean to appear ungrateful, I'm glad there is a solution, I just with it was more obvious.

0 Kudos

@insertcoin_gsp :

we have created an internal work item in our backlog for an option to replicate the settings across the IS versions.

You can track this change through IOJ-2102366 in our release note. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for that. I think for my use case being able to specify that throughout the ISCmdBld command line would be ideal.

0 Kudos
Hi again,
So I just got around to trying this on our build machine running InstallShield 2016 SAB, and I can't seem to get it to work. It works on my own machine with 2016 Professional, but with SAB I can't even see it searching the registry keys (checked using Process Monitor).

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos

Hi, any update to this? This still does not seem to work with IS SAB, even on the latest 2020 release.
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

0 Kudos