cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
x-solutions
Level 2

Dialog should appear on condition AND set ASPNET 2.0 Server Extension to allowed

Hi,

The part of the condition I have deleted, that is already solved in the mean time.
But the question about to set ASPNET2.0 Service Extension to be allowed on Windows 2003 (64bit) is still open.

To enable this service extension I run the function LaunchAppAndWait() on a 64-bit Windows 2003 R2 AMD machine and it doesn't work. On the 32bit of Widnows 2003 it works fine, only the (32-bit) text should be removed.
I use the following script to do that:
LaunchAppAndWait("CScript", " C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iisext.vbs /EnApp \"ASP.NET v2.0.50727 (32-bit)\"", LAAW_OPTION_WAIT | LAAW_OPTION_HIDDEN)

What I'm doing wrong or do I forgot something?

Thnx,
Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gprasadholla
Level 4

To enable 32Bit application on 64Bit machine you will have to run the VB Script
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 “true”

Once you do this, you will have to register 32bit asp.net
run c:\win..\Micro..\frame..\v2...\aspnet_regiis /i

Now you should be able to enable the extension. Make sure you always wait for the previous step to complete before you call enable script.
0 Kudos
x-solutions
Level 2

Hi,

I've test it your way, but I only get it to work when I run my code manually. I use the iisext.vbs instead of advutil.vbs. that works, only in the installer it doesn't work. I run the installer as Administrator.

What can it else be?

Thnx,
Chris
0 Kudos
Mrunmayee
Level 5

As Chris had mentioned, the steps given by gprasadholla works when i execute manually, but from launchAppAndWait() it doesn't do "Allow" for ASP.NET 2.0.
😞
Someone please help.
0 Kudos