cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nakin80
Level 2

Device Driver DOES NOT be removed in Windows10 RS2

Hello,
I use Installshileld to make exe to install some device driver.

Since Windows 10 RS2 version, when uninstalling it through Setting-Apps-App&Features, the device driver actually DOES NOT be removed in Device manager.

Is there anyone experienced the same behavior? And do you have any idea to resolve this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

We don't do device drivers at my company so no clue about that - but in general a verbose log file of the uninstall and then comparing that to the uninstall log from a machine where it does work to see what is different - would be a good way to approach this one.

Chad
0 Kudos
nakin80
Level 2

chad.petersen wrote:
We don't do device drivers at my company so no clue about that - but in general a verbose log file of the uninstall and then comparing that to the uninstall log from a machine where it does work to see what is different - would be a good way to approach this one.

Chad

Hello,
I already did it.
The difference between success and failure log is that there is no Action for RemoveFiles / UninstallDrivers in failure case.
MSI (s) (24:DC) [16:27:35:790]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=RemoveFiles,Description=Removing files,Template=File: [1], Directory: [9])
MSI (s) (24:DC) [16:27:35:837]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=MsiUninstallDrivers,,)
ANd I have no idea why this happens only in RS2.
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

Sounds like a bug in either RS2 or InstallShield when running on RS2.

Chad
0 Kudos