cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyas
Level 3

Detect Erlang Version In InstallShield 2021/2022

I am trying to build an installer using InstallShield 2021. My installer has Erlang as a setup prerequisite.

If Erlang is already installed on target system, I want to detect the version of Erlang installed and match that to my setup prerequisite's version.

This version detection needs to happen in System Search wizard of InstallShield (so that I know Erlang's version before my installer actually executes)

I have tried the following methods:

1.Registry Entries: I could not find any registry value that could give me Erlang version (I was able to find the erlang's home directory in registry entries, which also contained the version. Is there some way I can take a substring using InstallScript perhaps?)

2.INI File values: Install.ini is a file present in Erlang that gives has Erlang's and ERTS' version written in it.(Here, Erlang installed version is 24 and ERTS version is 12.1). InstallShield allows to read INI files and store the values, but the INI files should be placed in [WindowsFolder] (that is: C:\Windows\ ).Install.ini is placed in Erlang's home directory. How can I make InstallShield look at Erlang's home directory and then read Install.ini?

3.Searching files and folders: I looked for Install.ini and was able to get it's root location which also contained the version. Is there some way I can take a substring using InstallScript perhaps?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
(0) Replies