cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Simons
Level 5

Destination Folder under Vista

When installing a Basic MSI package under XP, I have the possibility to select a network drive in the DestinationFolder-dialog. Under Vista this possibility is not given.

When I start the package in admin mode (/a) the network mappings are back.

It seems to be quite logic, but I cloned the DestinationFolder-dialog to ask the user for another network-folder; so I need the possibility.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jchristman
Level 8

Do you force the installation to be performed by an administrator on the box. Setting this option might be easiest if as you said when running the setup.exe /a it gives the option for network paths, this is because of the security settigns in Vista.
0 Kudos
Patrick_Simons
Level 5

What do you understand by "administrator on the box"?

Even if I run Setup.exe with "Run as administrator" the network folders are missing. The Setup.exe's "Required execution level" has also been set to "Administrator".

For me an "administrative setup" isn't the same as installing a package as user with admin rights.

Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

Quote "When I start the package in admin mode (/a) the network mappings are back."

The way this read, it sounds like if it is started as admin the network mappings appear. my apologize for the confusion.
0 Kudos
Teklynx
Level 2

On Vista with UAC activated, mapped drives are not visible.
The solution I proposed to my customers is to disable UAC or to use UNC path
0 Kudos