cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggrewe
Level 5

Deselect Features Warning

I am creating an Installscript MSI project, with Installshield 2009. In the SdFeatureTree Dialog box, I need to warn users if they select a feature (or set of features) that is/are not compatible with another feature. If this is possible. Or can I warn them when they click "Next"? I am not sure how to do this, I have tried to find the file SdFeatureTree.rul, but have had no luck. So I am not sure what file to even modify.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

It is not currently possible to warn them when the feature is selected because you will not recieve any notification in the script when features are selected/deselected.

You could do this when they click the next button, just use FeatureIsItemSelected to determine which features have been selected and display an appropriate message as needed.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
ggrewe
Level 5

Thanks Devin. Can you let me know which file to modify for the SdFeatureTree Dialog box?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sure, you would copy the code from the SdFeatureTree function in SdComponentTreeDlg.rul into your setup.rul and then customize it there.

However, if you want to add functionality after the user clicks the Next button you don't really have to customize the dialog source, you can just add the code to "OnFirstUIBefore" after the dialog call returns.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos