cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clemson_Grad
Level 3

Default language for some Dialogs are switched to traditional Chinese from English

Folks,

I have IS 2012 professional.

I inherited a project that was done in 2010 and converted it to 2012 professional. All of it works fine with an exception of the default languages on most Dialogs are in traditional chinese. We just do not support this language, and our only supported language is english. I looked everywhere on how to fix this and i do not seem to find it.

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Clemson_Grad
Level 3

I have attached a picture you can see on how some of this uses a different language. I am told this is traditional chinese. i cannot be too sure.

0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If this is an InstallScript or InstallScript MSI project, you might be affected by the changes to Unicode handling in the InstallScript language. (Those "Chinese" strings look like the sort you get from interpreting strings of English ANSI strings as though they were Unicode.) See the release notes in this forum's and the InstallShield 2011 forum's stickies.
0 Kudos
Clemson_Grad
Level 3

Michael

Thank you and i found it in the 2011 release notes. The code was calling SetDlgItemText and i had to change it to SetDlgItemTextA or SetDlgItemTextW.

Thanks!
0 Kudos