cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avtuvy
Level 3

Database Instalaltion, script attempts to overwrite existing database

I created a simple InstallShield project for SQL 2005 database. For some reason when I attempt to do the install it fails, the first line in the installation script states CREATE DATABASE [MyData], which is the name of the source database so I assume that it tries to install another database with the same name rather than using the name that the user enters during installation, please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Is the actual line in yourSQL Script, CREATE DATABASE [MyData]?

If so, change it to read CREATE DATABASE . Then go to he Text Replacement tab and add an entry that replaces with [MyData].

Note: The angle brackets aren't necessary, but I like using delimiters to make sure I don't inadvertantly make substitutions I don't mean to and angle brackets look nice to me.
0 Kudos
avtuvy
Level 3

The actual script contains a line which says to install a database with the same name as the original database which I used to create the install package. I expected it to use the name that is entered by the user. I created an install package for another database in the past and with that other package it worked correctly so I am not sure what I did here differently.
0 Kudos