cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gknierim
Level 6

Customizing SQL Server screen

I have an Installshield MSI project. I have the following script which calls the SQL Server setup screen:

Dlg_SQL:
nResult = OnSQLLogin( nResult );
if( nResult = BACK ) then
if (!bCustom) then
goto Dlg_SetupType;
else
goto Dlg_SdFeatureTree;
endif;
endif;

I have 1 things I want to customize (fix) on this screen but can't figure out how to do it.

This screen allows to specify the server, credentials, and also the database catalog. So, it has a combobox and Browser button for each the server and the database. The problem is that when I select the browse button for the database, it lists the databases, but at the top of the window, it says: "From the list of servers below, select the database server you would like to target" which corresponds to the IDS_SQLBROWSE_INTRO identifier. I'm thinking that it should be referencing the IDS_SQLBROWSE_INTRO_DB identifier which says this: "From the list of catalog names below, select the database catalog you would like target".

How can I customize that so it displays the right text?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Greg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
gknierim
Level 6

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I tried a new InstallScript MSI project in IS 2010, but I have the correct descriptions on each dialog; It says "From the list of servers below, select the database server you would like to target" when I clicked the Browse button for the target server, and "From the list of catalog names below, select the database catalog you would like target" when I clicked the Browse button for the target database.

Can you try it with a new project by just adding a new connection, and see if it's reproducible?
0 Kudos