cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_F
Level 2

Custom action causing problems at run time

First, apologies as I'm posting this question here because the Installshield 11 forum gets virtually no traffic and some of you may have used it in the past and can comment.

My project is created with Installshield 11 Universal.

I've created a custom product action bean, following the instructions in the developer's guide. My bean is loaded using the 'add-in manager' and the installer builds.
However when I run it, I get the results shown in the dialog screenshot (company logos obscured). Some resource strings appear to have not been resolved.

My custom action makes use of a third party encryption library, which I added to the 'embedded jars' property of the Win32 launcher. I'm convinced this is a runtime classpath issue, because if I remove the code which is making use of the encryption library, the installer dialog has a normal appearance.

Is there anything else which affects the runtime classpath of the installer apart from 'embedded jars'.

Any suggestions apreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
sjjs84
Level 5

So if I understand it correctly, you are setting what gets displayed on the dialog through a custom bean?

If so, what method are you using to achieve this?
0 Kudos
Andrew_F
Level 2

sjjs84 wrote:
So if I understand it correctly, you are setting what gets displayed on the dialog through a custom bean?

If so, what method are you using to achieve this?

No, my custom bean isn't setting what gets displayed on the dialog. It is calling a third party encryption library to encrypt a field entered on one of the dialogs.
My point is, if I do not include my custom bean, then the installer works ok. If I do include my custom bean, then I get the behaviour shown in the screenshot. I don't understand why this is happening.
0 Kudos
sjjs84
Level 5

I can't imagine a custom bean breaking the string resolver like that. Normally it shouldn't happen but I don't exactly know what you're doing in your custom bean.

Does this happen just for that dialog? I would think the welcome dialog also doesn't display the correct strings.
0 Kudos