cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstatham
Level 4

Custom action always running ignores conditions

I have a customer actions setup to display a message to the user if they are running on a 32 bit operating system.  I have this set as the 1st action in the UI Sequence.  the problem I am having its always run no matter if its 64 or 32 bit. What am I doing wrong?

I have attached the logs and screen shots.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

I think this will be problematic.

VersionNT64 will be undefined if the Template Summary value of your installer indicates a 32bit processor. This is because for compatibility reasons a 32bit installer can not run 64bit code.

So if you have a 32bit Template summary value, VersionNT64 will be undefined regardless of the bit type of the OS.

If you change the Template summary value to target a 64bit machine, then you will be unable to run the installer on a 32bit machine as windows won't allow this, and you will automatically receive a compatibility error, which may be a solution for what you are trying to achieve.

0 Kudos
jstatham
Level 4

Currently our product works on both 32 and 64 bit OS.  We are wanting to phase out 32 bit so I am trying to get the install to throw up a popup message if we detect a 32 bit and let them know we recommend they upgrade their machine to 64 bit.   Is there another way to detect if we are on a 32 bit OS?

0 Kudos
skrueger
Level 6

remove the quotes around "Not versionNT64"

Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org / InstallSite.de
0 Kudos