cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali07860
Level 3

Custom Parameter in Install Shield Express 2018

Jump to solution

Hi, i am trying to create Silent Installer and have .exe in Custom action which receive Argument.

Can any one tell me how to pass parameter from cmd during installer installation.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @ali07860 ,

Installshield express does not have the property manger view where you can define the properties, it is available in the professional and premier editions.

However in express, you can call the setup.exe with the commandline parameter to define the properties during the installation, and the same property can be configured in the the EXE custom action command line.

setup.exe /v"PARAMETER=Value"    or you can call the msi : msiexec /i setup.msi PARAMETER=Value

And in the EXE command line:

"[PARAMETER]"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @ali07860 ,

You can do that by passing the property value from the setup.exe command line parameter.

setup.exe /v"PARAMETER=Value"

And ensure to create a public property(name in capital letters), in order to pass the value from the command line.  

0 Kudos

Hi@banna_k 

But how and where i create a Public Property?

0 Kudos

Hi @ali07860 ,

Installshield express does not have the property manger view where you can define the properties, it is available in the professional and premier editions.

However in express, you can call the setup.exe with the commandline parameter to define the properties during the installation, and the same property can be configured in the the EXE custom action command line.

setup.exe /v"PARAMETER=Value"    or you can call the msi : msiexec /i setup.msi PARAMETER=Value

And in the EXE command line:

"[PARAMETER]"

0 Kudos

Thanks i figured it out.

0 Kudos