cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gvarma
Level 7

Custom Dialog .rul file

Hi All,

I am still in the process of evaluating IS 2010 and i am trying to covert my old project (MSI Installscript) written using IS 2009.

I have a .rul file called setupdlg2.rul which is included in my setup.rul file now when I converted my MSI Installscript project everything went fine except when i tried to compile, it started generating error like "fatal error F8511: cant open included file", I copied the file under .\script\isrt and my project path folder , still I keep getting the same error..

BTW: I have also trie including FULL PATH.
any suggesations?

TIA
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
timelox
Level 5

I think I had a similar problem along the way of upgrading.
Do not remember in which version it was though since I've been upgrading every version since ISPro 6 (and every version produced new bugs...).

Anyway, from within the IDE right click on "Setup.rul" and select "New Script File". Call it CustomDialogs.rul or something.

In Setup.rul include the new script file right after the ifx header is included.

E.g.

#include "ifx.h"
#include "CustomDialogs.rul"

Now copy all the code from your old setupdlg2.rul and paste it into the CustomDialogs.rul file (not directly to the file but from within the IDE).

That worked for me.
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

timelox wrote:
I think I had a similar problem along the way of upgrading.
Do not remember in which version it was though since I've been upgrading every version since ISPro 6 (and every version produced new bugs...).

Anyway, from within the IDE right click on "Setup.rul" and select "New Script File". Call it CustomDialogs.rul or something.

In Setup.rul include the new script file right after the ifx header is included.

E.g.

#include "ifx.h"
#include "CustomDialogs.rul"

Now copy all the code from your old setupdlg2.rul and paste it into the CustomDialogs.rul file (not directly to the file but from within the IDE).

That worked for me.

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggesation.. I would give it a world and get back to you.

however it is weird that IDE saves .rul files in some hidden path, I thought ..\src was the "system path" (if you will) for storing all .rul file..

bit confusing and lacks clarity..

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos