cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve02a
Level 2

Custom Action sequence question

I have two custom actions in my .exe profile.

One will launch an MSI to install some 3rd party software.
The other will execute a vbs which in turns kicks off a .bat file to set some permissions.

Both work - just not in the right order.

Right now, my vbs (kicking off the .bat file) runs before my 3rd party msi installer. I need them reversed - so my vbs starts after the 3rd party msi is ran and installed.

My vbs, which starts a bat file sets permissions - on folders that are created when the 3rd party msi is installed. You can see my problem. I can't set permissions on folders that don't exist yet.

How would I change the order or at least make my vbs start last of all things?

Thanks in advance. (if you need screen shots of my project, please do let me know and I can attach them here).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
kaneohe
Level 6

What type of project is this? Also, check the Immediate Execution vs. Deferred Execution. Also, do you have them sequenced to run in the correct order?
0 Kudos
steve02a
Level 2

This is a basic MSI project, outputting the final executable to EXE format (since it does a prerequisite check). I've attached a screen shot of my settings so you can see.

I'm hoping to get the Permissons to run AFTER the ANSAInstaller (this is a custom action to install an .msi file).
0 Kudos
kaneohe
Level 6

When is ANSAInstaller scheduled to be run? Can you provide a screenshot of the properties for that CA, as well?
0 Kudos