cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egarcia12
Level 3

Custom Action in Limited Edition

I have Visual Studio Premium 2013 with InstallShield Limited Edition 2015 and I wan to add an exe Custom Action but I don't see where to do this in my setup project.
Do I need any plugin or update to see "Define Setup Requirements and Actions" in my Solution Explorer.

The Help File said as follow:

InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition for Visual Studio

The items in the Custom Actions view are organized by chronological order, according to when they are launched during installation or uninstallation. When you add a custom action to your project, you specify when the custom action should be launched by adding the action to the appropriate installation or uninstallation item.

To add an .exe custom action to your project:

1. In the Solution Explorer under Define Setup Requirements and Actions, double-click Custom Actions.
2. In the Custom Actions During Installation explorer, the Custom Actions During Maintenance explorer, or the Custom Actions During Uninstallation explorer, click the item that should contain the custom action that you want to create.
3. Right-click the item and click New EXE. InstallShield adds a new custom action with the name NewCustomActionn (where n is a successive number).
4. Type a name for the custom action.
5. Configure the settings for the custom action.

See Also
Custom Actions View
Executable File Custom Action Settings
Changing When Custom Actions Are Launched

I will appreciate any help.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

If you are able to view the solution explorer in Visual Studio, the "Define Setup Requirements and Actions" is listed as #5
0 Kudos
egarcia12
Level 3

Here is the screen print of my Visual Studio 2013 Premium.
I don't see the option menu
0 Kudos
egarcia12
Level 3

I found Custom Action screen after expanding the Setup project.
0 Kudos