cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TekkGuy
Level 4

Crystal SAP Merge Module...?

I am trying to create a Setup Routine for my application which uses Crystal Report SAP. I get 4 errors durring the build stating that the following files are missing:

-6248: Could not find dependent file CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll
-6248: Could not find dependent file CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll
-6248: Could not find dependent file CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll
-6248: Could not find dependent file CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll

I've downloaded the [CRforVS2010_sp1_mm.zip] directly from Business Objects and copied the [CRRuntime_13_0_1.msm] file into my directory. I restarted the installer and then I selected the [SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .Net Framework 4] in the [Redistributables] tab. I don't know what else I need to do. :confused:

I am running the following:
- Visual Studio 2010 (VB.Net)
- InstallShield Express 2011

Help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
jon_poole
Level 4

I too have the same issue with the new 12_2 MM from SAP.
0 Kudos
TekkGuy
Level 4

So I figured out my problem, I actually figured it out because of another thread I posted, and once I fixed that problem, it fixed this one.

Here is the thread post with a step-by-step solution on how to fix the problem: Can I Add an MSI to Install Project...? [Post #7]

The problem mainly stems from the fact that Flexera Software provides you the an old version of the MS VC++ SP1 Redistributable Prerequisite file. Apparently Crystal Reports was developed and released using the latest version, which is not the version that Flexera supplies you. The post above gives step-by-step instructions on how to fix Flexera's PRQ file so that you will have the latest version on your system. Once you do this and recompile your Setup.exe the Crystal DLL file should register just fine.

Hope this helps people out there!
0 Kudos
blr2006
Level 4

I have gone through your posts, but still stuck with the Crystal SAP Merge Module.

We are using Installshield 2009 and were including CR11 Runtime and ReportEngine MSMs for our previous builds.

For the new build with .NET Framework 4.0, we have included CRRuntime_13_0_3.msm and also included the Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86.msm, Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86.msm, Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86.msm, , Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86.msm and , Microsoft_VC80_OpenMP_x86.msm along with the respective Policies MSMs.

We are able to build and generate the Setup.exe.
But when we install and try to launch Crystal Reports, we get the error:
The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.CRPE' threw an exception." and
Could not load C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crpe32.dll.
Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
TargetSite: Void .cctor()
StackTrace: at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.CRPE..cctor()

There is no Pre-requisite file as you mentioned. Should we add it manually?

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.
0 Kudos
jon_poole
Level 4

Its because the MSM is 32 bit only. If you install the runtime from the 64 bit exe that will go away.

OR

Rebuild your app as 32 bit only.
0 Kudos
blr2006
Level 4

Thank you Jon for the reply.

We have built the app as 32 bit only and installed in a 32 bit machine, so are we missing anything else?

jon.poole wrote:
Its because the MSM is 32 bit only. If you install the runtime from the 64 bit exe that will go away.

OR

Rebuild your app as 32 bit only.
0 Kudos
TekkGuy
Level 4

If you are still having a problem I suggest you start your own thread. The errors you listed are not the same as the ones on my original post and you may be cheating yourself out of getting appropriate help because of it.

Also, it helps if you post in the proper forum. You said you were using InstallShield 2009, this is the 2011 Express forum. You might have better luck if you posted in the correct forum.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
blr2006
Level 4

Thank you Ben.

I have started a new thread in Installshield 2009 forum too. Hope to get a solution soon.

TekkGuy wrote:
If you are still having a problem I suggest you start your own thread. The errors you listed are not the same as the ones on my original post and you may be cheating yourself out of getting appropriate help because of it.

Also, it helps if you post in the proper forum. You said you were using InstallShield 2009, this is the 2011 Express forum. You might have better luck if you posted in the correct forum.

Good luck!
0 Kudos
stevemack
Level 2

I also faced the same error problem while creates the set up. Then I consult with SAP experts and then this problem got solved. You should also consult to an expert about this or you can also find on the net. There are many resources available from where you can solve this problem.
0 Kudos
blr2006
Level 4

stevemack wrote:
I also faced the same error problem while creates the set up. Then I consult with SAP experts and then this problem got solved. You should also consult to an expert about this or you can also find on the net. There are many resources available from where you can solve this problem.

Thanks for the reply Steve. We have decided to use the MSI.
0 Kudos