Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khuntley
Level 5

Creating a Suite Installation from Multiple Individual Installations

Jump to solution

Hello,

Currently I have multiple individual installations that each have an accompanying '.ism' and '.exe' file. These installations work great individually, but it is very time consuming to repeat this process around a dozen times due to each software being wholly unique. 

So I ask, is there a way I can combine these '.ism' files to create a single large installation that correctly installs all of the software.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

If you are using professional version of installshield it wont support adding exe packages, and multiple packages of same type, 

You need to upgrade premier version of  installshield to get this feature of adding multiple exe packages

check below pdf for premier and professional comparsion:

https://www.revenera.com/media/datasheets/datasheet-is-compare-editions.pdf

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

You can accomplish that with a Suite project. Leave the .ism files as they are.  Use the .exe's in the suite. You can have one initial user input experience and then install them all (or only those selected in an optional feature selection tree) with no further user interaction.

When I go to the packages tab and right click on packages it only shows '.msi', '.hdr', '.msp', and '.prq'. How do I add '.exe' files?

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

If you are using professional version of installshield it wont support adding exe packages, and multiple packages of same type, 

You need to upgrade premier version of  installshield to get this feature of adding multiple exe packages

check below pdf for premier and professional comparsion:

https://www.revenera.com/media/datasheets/datasheet-is-compare-editions.pdf

ahhh... you might need InstallShield Premier for that. I have done it with Premier in the past, but am using Professional now and I only see what you do.

Click on ORGANIZATION, then Packages. Then click on the help topic 'Guidlines for Adding Packages to an Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI Project' in the window on the right.