cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmiLee
Level 6

Creating Virtual Directory in website subfolder...

I've searched the forum without luck, tried just about everything to make this work, but so far to no avail . . .

I need to create a virtual directory in a folder inside a website, as opposed to directly under the website . . .
The web site is "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" and instead of creating the virtual directory under this web site, I need to put it in the ISV folder under this web site . . .

This is a Basic MSI project and I'm using the trial version of InstallShield 2009 Pro.

Hope someone can help . . .
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
ITI_Randy
Level 6

We have long since moved up from InstallShield 9, but as I recall, you can nest virtual directories using the InstallShield 9 IDE by simply specifying a path for the VD name, i.e., instead of "MyVirtualDirectory" which would show up under the index 0 (default web site), make the name "MyFolder\MyVirtualDirectory" to nest it under an existing folder called "MyFolder". I don't recall if the slash is forward or back, but I think it was back.
0 Kudos
TheTraveler
Level 8

Here is a link to some useful IIS functions. In the code, there is a function that allow you to create virtual directories. You could try modifying the path to create the new direcory.
0 Kudos
JimmiLee
Level 6

I will test this as soon as my 64bit server is ready 🙂
0 Kudos
TheTraveler
Level 8

Hello,

Let me know how it goes...

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JimmiLee
Level 6

Hi - it works fine 🙂
That is, it kept putting the VD in the default web site, instead of the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM" web site as intended, but it did put it in the ISV sub folder at least 🙂
Once I changed the web site port number to 5555 it worked fully, though I'm worried about what will happen, if the target computer CRM installation doesn't use 5555 (which is standard), but I figure we'll just document that then they'll have to set it up manually . . .

Anyways, Thanx 🙂
0 Kudos